Witnessing all that pomp and pageantry can also make you feel pretty far removed from that glamorous world. Yeah, with an unlimited budget, an army of personal trainers, our own hair and make-up artists, and our pick of custom couture, we could all look pretty fabulous. So what do you do if you don’t happen to have all those resources at your disposal?
We’ve mentioned it a few thousand times before, but we believe style is a right, not a privilege. It doesn’t belong only to famous starlets or someone already labeled as ‘the sexiest man alive.’ They can be style inspirations, but you deserve to project the same confidence. Here’s a few things we’d like you to take from the regulars on the best dressed lists, besides an idea of how sparkly you could look in several million dollars worth of borrowed diamonds.
- Taking chances can reap big rewards. If you want to redefine the way people perceive you, the fastest way to jumpstart that process is to change your look.
- Know your body, and work with the gifts you have. Those dresses are crafted to define a waist, lengthen a leg line, flatter or create curves. Structure and seaming can turn the focus exactly where you want it to be.
- Don’t forget the accessories. They’re a great place to add interest (color, sparkle, youthfulness) to your look.
- It’s hard to ignore a man in a well-tailored suit. Fellas, even if you work in a casual environment, you should always have a proper suit in your wardrobe. When the occasion calls for it, by all means wear one.
- Bold color = big impact. Keep lines clean and simple to keep the overall look from being too busy.
- If a trend isn’t relevant to your lifestyle or your body, feel free to ignore it. You don’t have to be cutting edge to look spectacular. The red carpet is always rife with folks oozing old Hollywood glamour. They’re revisiting classic, classy silhouettes that have stuck around for good reason.
- Smile (duh). It’s really quite effective.